Indian Creek of Destin, Inc., is a development company, founded by John King, real estate developer, in 1992. John was educated at Glenville State University in West VA and Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY. He began his career as a realtor in Louisville, KY in 1978. He and his wife and family moved to Destin, FL in 1984 and made it their home. Formerly with RE/MAX Southern Realty, John was a member of the 100% club and was a RE/MAX Hall of Fame member. Indian creek development projects include:
- 1990 - Ridgewood Manor - 62 lot property on Stahlman Avenue
- 1992 - Indian Creek Subdivision - 18 large waterfront lots on Indian Bayou
- 1993-94 - Various small office/warehouse buildings
- 1997 - Bayou Point Subdivision- 15 lot waterfront property on West Hewitt Road. (These residents will soon find themselves in the center of new growth in Destin)
- 1998 - Fountain Plaza - thriving 40,000 sq ft retail center on Hwy 98
- 1999 - Geronimo Plaza - 14,000 sq ft office/warehouse complex on Geronimo Street
- 2000 - Emerald Coast Business Center - Beautiful 5 acre retail, office, and storage facility on Emerald Coast Parkway
- 2001 - Botany Bayou Subdivision - 71 lots located on Hewitt Bayou, surrounded by state forest, large old oaks and magnolias will give this exclusive gated community that "old Florida" feel. Only minutes from Destin's newest hospital, shopping, and restaurants.
- 2007 - Forest Park Subdivision - 33 lots located on Las Roblas Grande in Santa Rosa Beach. Lots back up to State Forest. Close to beaches, new hospital, shopping, and dining.